Translate

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Breaking from the Rut..... Kind of.

So as the week winds down to a close, I have come to the conclusion I need to break from my little rut I am in. I have decided that when this week is over several things are going to happen to my list of to dos. Hopefully I will have the house a little more organized and less clutter filled. I plan on whacking the evil commissions ogre down and getting him back to the cute little bunny he was when I started the journey. Once all is said and done, I will be taking a break from commissions (I would say break from art but I am an artist after all and I can not stop being involved in it) for a little while to just relax and do a few things for myself, like working on Silent Dreams.

As my journey through life continues I find myself looking back on things that I did or did not do, wish I had done and could have done, which makes me ponder. Why is it that we look to the past so much for answers? Is it the fear of repeating those mistakes over and over? Is it that we want to recall that piece of knowledge and put it to the present?

We constantly look at ourselves and wonder the whys and hows, we even point out other's flaws to justify our own accomplishments, or point out other's accomplishments to justify the flaws. I begin churning in my head, why is it that we can't simply walk our own paths and keep looking forward rather than back? I see it in the media a lot. I see the pulling up history snippets and twisting things to justify our own means. Has the world really become that jaded that we have to start pulling skeletons out of the closet?

What do you guys think? How would you go about doing your self-searching? Would you bring up your past and see what is there or would you look ahead and try to manifest it through your creative will?

Now, see this is what happens when I try to blog. My mind goes philosophy on me and heads to left field for a moment. Coming back now, I have a long list of to dos and I'm anxious to get them going.

Remember the red sketch on one of my previous blogs? Well, this picture this time is the finished product! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment